KYZATREX™: THE NEW FRONTIER FOR TESTOSTERONE THERAPY
Posted on July 20, 2023 by root
For patients requiring testosterone therapy, the advent of an innovative oral option brings hope and convenience to their treatment journey. Below, we will explore the significance of testosterone therapy, the concerns associated with liver damage from previous oral options and introduce KYZATREX™—an exciting breakthrough in oral testosterone therapy that is safe and effective!
Historically, some oral testosterone options raised concerns about potential liver damage. These concerns limited the treatment choices available to patients, often necessitating more invasive alternatives. However, medical advancements have led to the development of a solution that addresses these concerns head-on—KYZATREX™.
KYZATREX™ represents a paradigm shift in oral testosterone therapy. By utilizing the lymphatic system for absorption, FDA approved KYZATREX™ bypasses the liver entirely, eliminating the risk of liver toxicity.
The convenience of KYZATREX™ testosterone undecanoate is available in three strengths: 100mg, 150mg, and 200mg. This range allows healthcare professionals to tailor the dosage to the specific needs of each patient, ensuring optimal results.
Clinical studies have demonstrated the efficacy of KYZATREX™. In a comprehensive trial, an impressive 96% of patients treated with KYZATREX™ achieved normal testosterone levels*.
One of the key advantages of KYZATREX™ is the convenience it offers to patients. Unlike other testosterone therapies that require injections, messy gels, or transdermal patches, KYZATREX™ simplifies the treatment process. With oral administration, patients can take their prescribed dose without the need for complex application methods or regular visits to healthcare facilities.
If you are a patient seeking a safe and convenient testosterone therapy option, KYZATREX™ may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Talk to Dr. Justin Houman to explore if KYZATREX™ is suitable for you. You can also visit www.kyzatrex.com for more information.
Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational purposes only and should not replace professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider for personalized guidance and recommendations regarding testosterone therapy options.
*End of clinical study completers
KYZATREX™ (testosterone undecanoate) is a prescription drug that is used to treat adult men who have low or no testosterone levels due to certain medical conditions.
KYZATREX™ is a controlled substance (CIII) because it contains testosterone. It is not known if KYZATREX™ is safe or effective in males younger than 18 years old. Improper use may affect bone growth in children. KYZATREX™ is not meant for use by women.
KYZATREX™ can increase blood pressure, which can increase the risk of having a heart attack or stroke and can increase risk of death due to a heart attack or stroke. Your risk may be greater if you have already had a heart attack or stroke or if you have other risk factors for heart attack or stroke.
- If your blood pressure increases while on KYZATREX™, blood pressure medicines may need to be started. If you are currently taking blood pressure medicines, they may need to be changed or new blood pressure medicines may need to be added to control your blood pressure.
- If your blood pressure cannot be controlled, KYZATREX™ may need to be stopped.
- Your healthcare provider will monitor your blood pressure while you are being treated with KYZATREX™.
Do not take KYZATREX™ if you: have breast cancer; have or might have prostate cancer; are a woman who is pregnant (KYZATREX™ may harm your unborn baby); are allergic to KYZATREX™ or any of its ingredients; or have low testosterone without certain medical conditions (e.g., do not take KYZATREX™ if you have low testosterone due to age).
Before you take KYZATREX™, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you: have high blood pressure or are treated for high blood pressure; have a history of diabetes; have heart problems; have high red blood cell count (hematocrit) or high hemoglobin laboratory value; have urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate; have liver or kidney problems; or have problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Taking KYZATREX™ with certain other medicines can affect each other. Especially, tell your healthcare provider if you take: insulin; medicines that decrease blood clotting (blood thinners); corticosteroids; or medicines that increase blood pressure, such as some cold medicine and pain medicines.
KYZATREX™ may cause other serious side effects including:
- Increase in red blood cell count (hematocrit) or hemoglobin, which can increase the risk of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks. You may need to stop KYZATREX™ if your red blood cell count increases.
- If you already have an enlarged prostate, your signs and symptoms may worsen while takingKYZATREX™. These may include: increased urination at night; trouble starting your urine stream; urinating many times during the day; urge to go to the bathroom right away; a urine accident; inability to pass urine or weak urine flow.
- Increased risk of prostate cancer.
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your leg can include pain, swellingor redness. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your lungs can include difficulty breathing or chest pain.
- Abuse. Testosterone can be abused when taken at higher than prescribed doses and when used with other anabolic androgenic steroids. Abuse can cause serious heart and psychological side effects.
- In large doses, KYZATREX™ may lower your sperm count.
- Liver problems. Symptoms of liver problems may include: nausea or vomiting; yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes; dark urine; pain on the right side of your stomach area (abdominal pain).
- Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body (edema), with or without heart failure.
- Enlarged or painful breasts.
- Breathing problems while you sleep (sleep apnea).
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the serious side effects listed above.
The most common side effect of KYZATREX™ is high blood pressure. Other side effects may include: headache, joint or back pain, diarrhea, increased red blood cell count, anxiety, constipation, swelling of the legs, and increased prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels.
These are not all the possible side effects of KYZATREX™. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to Marius [by visiting www.mariuspharma.com].
Keep KYZATREX™ and all medicines out of the reach of children.
See Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide for KYZATREX™.