No Needles, No Scapel, No Pain VasectomyGET STARTED
Are you considering a vasectomy in Los Angeles? If so, Dr. Justin Houman offers patients the latest advancement in vasectomy technology which results in a pain-free vasectomy.
No Needle, No Scalpel, No Pain Vasectomy in Los Angeles
In recent years, advancements in medical technology have led to the development of a less invasive technique known as the “no needle, no scalpel vasectomy.” This innovative approach offers several advantages over the conventional vasectomy method.
The no needle vasectomy technique eliminates the use of a needle to administer local anesthesia. Instead, a device called a jet injector is utilized. The jet injector delivers a high-pressure stream of anesthetic through the skin, numbing the area without the need for a needle injection. This method is well-tolerated by patients and significantly reduces the discomfort associated with traditional needle injections.
The no scalpel vasectomy technique involves using specialized instruments to access the vas deferens through a small puncture or hole in the scrotum. The surgeon gently spreads the tissue apart, avoiding the need for an incision or sutures. This approach minimizes bleeding, reduces the risk of infection, and speeds up the recovery process compared to a conventional vasectomy.
Benefits of the No Needle, No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Less Discomfort: The absence of needle injections and the use of a smaller puncture reduce the discomfort experienced during the procedure. This makes the no needle, no scalpel vasectomy a more comfortable option for many men.
- Faster Recovery: The no scalpel technique results in less trauma to the tissues, allowing for a quicker recovery. The smaller puncture site typically requires no stitches and heals on its own within a few days, leading to less post-operative pain and a faster return to normal activities.
- Reduced Risk of Complications: The precise and controlled method used in the no scalpel vasectomy reduces the risk of complications such as bleeding, infection, and sperm granuloma formation. This makes it a safe and reliable choice for men considering permanent contraception.
- Shorter Procedure Time: The no needle, no scalpel vasectomy is known for its efficiency. The procedure can typically be completed in less time compared to a conventional vasectomy. On average, it takes about 10 minutes, making it a convenient option for busy individuals.
- High Success Rate: The no needle, no scalpel vasectomy is as effective as the conventional method in preventing pregnancy. Once you have undergone the procedure, it is essential to complete a semen analysis to confirm the absence of sperm before relying on the vasectomy as a sole form of birth control.
Vasectomy Success Rates
Dr. Houman sees many vasectomy patients after having failed the procedure elsewhere or are referred because of vasectomy complications from prior vasectomies. Our No Needle, No Scalpel, No Pain vasectomy has an over 99% success rate.
What is the Recovery after a Vasectomy?
You should plan to bring spandex shorts or tight-fitting underwear with you to your procedure so you can put them on immediately after. This can help support the area throughout your recovery time. It’s best to give yourself two to three days to rest and recover, and anticipate limiting your activity level (physical and sexual) during this time. Depending on a scalpel or no scalpel vasectomy, you will have a small cut or incision in the scrotal area that will heal well. It’s normal to have swelling and discomfort which can be managed using ice packs or bags of frozen peas. You can also manage it with ibuprofen, and you’ll be given instructions on how much to take and when.
It’s extremely important to avoid having unprotected intercourse for the first few weeks and to maximize your recovery time. This is because sperm will still be present in the tubes and will need to be flushed out completely before you’re considered sterile. Make sure to ejaculate at least 20 times before having unprotected intercourse. A semen analysis after this will confirm that there are no sperm present in you ejaculate. Not following these directions can result in unwanted pregnancy. Your urologist can check for sperm in your semen after your procedure to confirm that your procedure was successful.
The no needle, no scalpel vasectomy technique provides men with a less invasive alternative to the conventional approach. It offers increased comfort, faster recovery, reduced risk of complications, shorter procedure time, and a high success rate in preventing pregnancy. It is advisable to consult with Dr. Houman who is a Los Angeles vasectomy specialist to discuss which vasectomy technique is most suitable for your individual needs. Please call or contact our office online to schedule your consultation today!
Five Vasectomy MythsMore Videos
An expert in his field
Meet Dr. Houman
Dr. Justin Houman is a board-certified, fellowship-trained Urologist and Men’s Health specialist whose mission is to enhance men’s quality of life by improving their sexual and reproductive health. Dr. Houman’s focus is on making a difference in people’s lives through state-of-the-art, compassionate, and personally tailored care.
View Full Bio
Start your men’s health journey today.
There’s no better time than the present to start living a better life. To get started, request a consultation using our online form or contact us by calling (310) 854-9898